Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Feed Your Dog Chocolate
If you’re a dog owner, you may have already heard that you should never feed your pet anything containing chocolate. But why exactly is this delicious treat so dangerous for dogs? Chocolate contains an alkaloid called theobromine, which has stimulating effects similar to caffeine. While humans can metabolize theobromine quickly, many animals—including dogs, cats, birds, and rabbits—cannot, and even a small amount of it can poison them. If you think that your dog has ingested any amount of chocolate, contact an emergency vet clinic in Campbell or Saratoga right away. Remember that Halloween is right around the corner. Please, place all candy out of reach of your pets and don’t forget to remind your children to do the same. To learn more about the effects that chocolate has on your pets, watch this video.