Dog & Cat Vaccinations
Vaccinations for Pets in Campbell and Saratoga
Protect Your Pets
Pet vaccinations at Reed Animal Hospital in Campbell and Saratoga play a very important role in your pet’s long-term health and wellness plan. Vaccine’s help prepare your pet’s immune system to fight some very serious disease-causing organisms, and without vaccines your pet is vulnerable. At Reed Animal Hospital we work with you and your pet to set up a safe and personalized schedule for your pet’s vaccinations. We understand that every animal is different and keep factors such as age, medical history, environment, travel habits, and lifestyle in mind when it comes to their care.
Core Dog Vaccinations
DA2PP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus) protects against some of the most severe diseases that a dog can be exposed to.
The Rabies virus is fatal in all mammals, including humans, which is why it is a vital vaccination for your pets.
The Bordetella infection causes a severe upper respiratory infection and should not just be limited to dogs that visit boarding facilities or dog parks. It is an airborne exposure that poses a threat to all dogs.
Additional Dog Vaccinations (Case by case basis):
- Lyme Disease
- Rattle Snake Bite Vaccine
Core Cat Vaccinations
- FVRCP (Feline Distemper Vaccine); this combination vaccine protects against three diseases: feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia.
- Feline Leukemia is a viral infection that is transmitted through close contact, and this vaccine is generally only recommended for cats that go outdoors.
- The Rabies virus is fatal in all mammals and is vital in both dogs and cats.
- A special vaccine to prevent Rabies is used in cats to lessen the possibility of an adverse reaction.
We Treat Your Pet as if They Were Our Own